Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Glitter Bomb Letters


In case you didn't know, glitter is the herpes of crafts. Once you get it, there's no getting rid of it. So why not spread the love by sending someone an exploding glitter bomb?!

I sent my cousin some love as she started her senior year of high school (yes this post has been sitting as a draft for THAT long...). Here's how I made my own envelope. Warning: this is a partial Pinterest fail....

I started with a blank piece of printer paper and decided to go stamp-happy all over it with all the $1 stamps I scored from Michael's.


To dress up the envelope, I used the cheesy "XOXO" stamp in different ink colors until the entire page was covered. Looking back now that I'm blogging about this, I should have actually made an effort o make the "envelope" look good, but what can I say? I live on the edge!



I was originally going to send glitter in this poor excuse of an envelope without signing the card, but I wanted her to know who the culprit was. So I attacked the inside of the paper with some single-letter different font stamps and discount Valentine's Day stamps. Talk about time consuming! Again, should have spent more time making it pretty if it was going on the internet, but now I've learned a life lesson that will guide my every decision in life: stamps aren't as cool as you think they are...


Next, I followed another blog's instructions on how to make your own envelope from a piece of paper. Basically, make a paper airplane that doesn't fly... Fold the two corners in to look like you're making a house.

Then I added the glitter as I folded the bottom section up to meet the "roof" of "the house." A good rule of thumb when it comes to crafting (and life in general): you can never use too much glitter. If anyone tells you any differently, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. 


Then you bring the two outside edges inward as if the walls of the house are hugging itself.


Then finally, you bring the roof down. PARTY!
Just kidding, that's what the glitter is for.


As I mentioned before, this was a failed attempt at an envelope. The glitter was seeping through the sides and spreading its love to me which was not the goal. So I taped the mini-envelope inside a giant piece of paper. I taped the edges of the blue paper to prevent the glitter from falling all over the mail person. (Really I just wanted to share the love with one person...that person was not the mail person. Sorry USPS...)


Although the envelope was a Pinterest fail, the glitter bomb was a LIFE WIN! My cousin sent me a couple of snap chats with her hands covered in glitter. It's a great way to add some sparkle to someone's day - literally. ;)

Happy crafting!